The holiday season is upon us. The temperature is dropping, the snow is falling, and the lights are twinkling … it just feels magical. As you glance at your list of gifts to buy, you start to wonder what you want to ask Santa for this year. It almost feels silly to think that way – but you need an answer for inquisitive loved ones who’ll want to know, so you can avoid a repeat of the “Ugly Sweater Debacle of 2006.” How about something different this year? An investment in your smile? It’s something you’ve wanted for a long time, but you continue to postpone a smile makeover, year after year.
Those crooked, stained, or chipped teeth can quickly be a thing of the past just by visiting a Denver cosmetic dentist at Metro Dental Care. How nice would it be to enter into 2018 with a brand-new smile? Self-care isn’t trivial. It helps you feel better, look better, and gives you a greater sense of confidence.
At Metropolitan Dental Care, we offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services that we can cater to your individualized needs. Continue reading to learn how you can get started on the smile of your dreams.
How to Get Started
The first step is setting up a personalized consultation with a cosmetic dentist at our Denver or Lone Tree dental office. We offer two convenient locations and two ways of communication. You can reach us by phone at 303.534.2626, or online. One of our friendly front office staff members will set up an appointment that fits easily with your schedule. Try to find a time when you won’t feel rushed. When appointments are scheduled during stress-free times, patients are less likely to cancel. And remember – your smile is worth the time and investment!
At Your Consultation with the Cosmetic Dentist
To prepare for your appointment, sit down in front of a mirror and take careful analysis of your smile. Ask yourself these questions:
- Would you like whiter teeth?
- Do you want to replace missing teeth?
- Do you have teeth with chipped or uneven edges?
- Are certain teeth too small or too large?
- What aspects about your smile make you self-conscious?
- Do you see more gums than teeth when you smile?
- Would you like a straighter smile?
- Do you have any gaps between teeth?
- Are you dissatisfied with prior dental work?
During your first cosmetic visit, you will just chat with the cosmetic dentist about your hopes and desires for your new smile. Be upfront and specific about what you dislike, what you want changed, and how you would like your face and smile to look afterwards. The more the dentist understands about your goals, the better equipped he or she will be to meet – or exceed them!
Designing Your New Smile
After examining your teeth and taking x-rays, your dentist will create a personalized treatment plan to meet your cosmetic goals. Some of the cosmetic dentistry services we provide include:
- Teeth whitening – for correcting mild to moderate extrinsic staining and discoloration.
- Porcelain veneers – for covering a host of imperfections, including chipped, gapped, discolored, or disproportionate teeth.
- Dental implants – for effectively replacing missing teeth.
- Invisalign® – for straightening crooked, gapped, and/or overlapped teeth.
- Composite fillings – for replacing silver amalgam fillings or repairing existing cavities.
Treatment time will depend on how many services are required and the complexity of your smile makeover plan. While dental implants and orthodontics require months to see results, some of the procedures can be completed in just one to two office visits, and results are immediate. Your dentist will explain the treatment timeline in detail to help manage your expectations. Please ask questions! You need to feel comfortable with your treatment plan and your cosmetic dentist.
Start Your Journey to a Brand-New Smile
Today’s the day to make that Christmas wish a reality! We invite you to schedule a personalized consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist at our Denver or Lone Tree dental office by calling 303.534.2626 or contacting us online.